29 August 2009

Welcome to Steven Stewart Music Blog

What's this Blog All About?
My name is Steven Stewart and I am a songwriter and artist living in Finland.

This blog will include information, videos, mp3s, sheet music & updates about both my own music as well as about songs I write for other arists.

I will also be sharing music and buzz about other artists who I am listening to or who have influenced me.

Contact: stevenstewartmusic@ovi.com

BIO: As an artist, the genre of most of my own music is Contemporary Christian. Kind of organic electronic piano-driven pop. When I play live, its usually just me and a piano, rather than using playback or a full band.

I was also in two bands as the lead singer. In America, with "Shoot the Mime" and in Finland with "Fake Finn" (later performing as "Frozen Ocean") The style was mostly melodic rock.

For other artists, I have written in most genres. I'm a big fan of well-crafted pop and singer/songwriters, but also enjoy rock, soul/r&b/new country/ and electronic.

In Finland, some of the artists who have recorded my music are: Anna Abreu (3x Platinum), Antti Tuisku (Platinum), Katri Yländer (Gold), Club for Five, Geir Rönning, Agnes, Panu Larnos, Laura Voutilainen, Jari Sillanpää, Aki Sirkesalo, Sani (Aikokone), and others.

A few other artists I have cowritten with or for are Hilary Weeks, Lise Darly, Jenee Wright Prince, Alex Boyé, Wayne Burton, Michael Webb, Michael McLean, EFY, and more.

Over the next few weeks, I will start adding links to youtube, pictures, and exclusive mp3s. Thanks for dropping by.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. STEVEN PLEASE HELP! Geo cities is down and I desperately need a copy of BELIEVE for our Young Womens program! I would be glad to pay for it. I have sent you an email! Don't know which is better....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there,
    Have you composed the song Broken before you for Club for five-group? I listened to it on youtube, and just wanted to ask as I saw someone had written that is is you who has his print on this song. What a beatifull song!!!

    Riikka
    riikka.kastu@jyu.fi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Steven, you are a beautiful songwriter and singer - it looks like you haven't been on her in a while... and the GeoCities link to the PDF of sheet music is still down. Any way I can get a copy? I've played the piano since 3yrs old and have 4 kids of my own now - I'd love to bless this song over them! Thanks so much for your talents and lifting my heart with such beauty!!
    Danielle Ferrin
    mdferrins@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the song you composed for Jenee Wright called Believe and would love to have a copy of the sheet music. I have looked everywhere for the sheet music online and cannot access it anywhere. I am willing to pay for it/donate whatever you prefer. Please let me know if there is a way I can gain a copy of the music :) Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete